Butterfly Background

Friday, May 15, 2009

Over the Hill


Here is our 31-year-old. I always get these grand ideas about the cakes I want to make, and then just end up buying one. This is why...it never turns out quite like the picture...but the girls begged me to make this one, so daddy could have a "guitar birthday party". And it's purple. Oh well. At least you can tell what it is!


Things I love about James...

he's hilarious (he promised he would make me laugh every day, and he hasn't let me down)...he's charming...he's incredibly talented (guitar, writing music, art, school, sports, etc...)...he adores his kids and tells them...he isn't afraid to be who he is...he loves my family...he uses his outdoor grill all year round (even in snow and rain)...he is as handsome as ever...have you ever watched America's Funniest Home Videos with him? it's awesome...he loves to try new things...he puts up with me...after all these years of school and papers and emails, he still types with 1 finger...he loves to perform (for any audience...even a talk in church is "a gig")...he is my biggest fan and my best friend.
Happy Birthday, James Dean.

7 comments:

Mom/Grandma said...

Oh, Really Dixie, The cake is awesome. Of course you can tell what it is. (Well I guess it could be a viola.) ;) Really it is awesome. They, the homemade ones are the best kind. Happy birthday James, From all the Daly's

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Happy Birthday James!! Hope you got to use your "ice cream bowl" to eat with that great cake! :) Hope it was a happy one!

Aimee said...

Dixie, the cake looks great! You did such a good job! Happy birthday James!

Christi in AZ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Youngun!!

The cake is awesome! Uncle James, my boys will watch AFV with you...it is thier FAVORITE show!!

Erekson's said...

Happy Birthday! Thae cakes turned out great the kids were telling us about it and I love it! Good job Dixie!

l&slittle said...

Happy Birthday James and congrats on graduation dental school. What cute kids, beautiful family. I'm glad we have your blog so we can keep in touch with you guys. Hope to hear from you soon. Seth and Lindsay

Jill said...

I think the cake is awesome! I may have to try it for Joel's 18th!!!