Butterfly Background

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Goals for 2011

This is for me, so if you don't want to read it....don't....

I needed to do some goal setting for this year....I am not a big "New Year's Resolution" type person, but I was really feeling overwhelmed and a little out of control. I found a wonderful book that helped me to think about all of my roles right now and what I needed to do to become the kind of person that I want to be.

Here are my Roles (as I see them):

Self: I want to be happy, compassionate, healthy and able to listen to the Spirit.

Wife: I want to continue to be my husband's best friend. I want to cheer him on, respect and honor him and feel cherished by him. I want to make weekly date nights a priority.

Mother: I want to be PRESENT, encouraging and supportive. I want my children to feel cherished by me.

Teacher: I want to be an active participant in each of my children's education. I want to find ways to help each child soar.

Primary President: I want to be compassionate and organized. I want to teach with the Spirit and make every child feel special.

Office Manager: I want to be organized and effective and be able to delegate and enjoy this job.

Homemaker: I want to be good enough, not perfect. I want to create a home where family and friends feel comfortable and welcome.


I reflected on these roles for a few days, and created a list of activities (you know I love lists) that will help me move towards the kind of mother, wife, etc that I want to be. It has really helped me to look at how I spend my time and remember what is most important.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love your new pictures. What adorable and grown up kids! I love your insights on your roles and goals. I miss our chats and getting to hear your insights. You have aways been a huge example to me. Glad I got a taste of it here. Miss you!

Unknown said...

Holy crap! You wear so many hats.
It must be nice to have all of those wonderful things in your life! You get to be a mother, teacher, wife, etc.
It would be a shame to only wear one hat your whole life.
I look up to you. I like to read your thoughts, so keep posting them.
;)

The Gustin Family said...

You are so awesome! You truly are! I learn so much from you..always have! :)

Mom/Grandma said...

It makes me think.....