We had such a special weekend with family and friends! Brooklyn's birthday was Wednesday and Grandma and Grandpa flew in that day. She got to open some presents and we took her out to lunch, and she got to look forward to her big day on Saturday! The Erekson's came in on Friday afternoon, and Susan and Shannon got here Friday night. James' mom and sister got in to their hotels late Friday night, too. The baptism was Saturday morning. (It was the perfect time, by the way, if you get to pick the time for your baptism....10 am...I highly recommend it!) It was James' first baptism ever (he never baptized anyone on his mission....he would teach and teach and teach and then get transferred) so he was really emotional. We had so many friends and family there and Brooklyn felt so special. I wish I took a picture of everyone, but it went by so fast and I was all wrapped up in it, that I forgot. Oh well. Lots of ward friends (Mickelson's, Francom's, McConnell's, Chambers, Hughes, Sis Davison, Bishop) and our friends and family from out of town. Someone made the comment that the kids outnumbered the adults 4-to-1. (It was a little crazy and full of happy kid sounds, but we were LOVING it.) After the baptism, Brooklyn was so smiley and just radiating! I asked her how she felt and she thought for a minute and then said, " Good, really good." Suzi and Shannon sang beautiful music while she changed and the confirmation was special. We have such great friends and family that would make the long trip to be with us on this special day. Brooklyn felt so special and loved! We are proud of her and her decision to be baptized.
Saturday, February 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I loved this trip! I can't be more proud of Blings. You guys are such good hosts. Thanks again! See you SOON.
We were glad to be part of it. What a fun time. Even the roller skating ;) W elove you guys and can't wait to come back.
Yay! What an awesome time for your family! We miss you guys!
Post a Comment